Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Back in the Swing

Several people have asked me how my first day back to work was after being gone for 3 weeks on medical leave. I am happy to report to you that it was great. My volunteers who came in a few times a week did very well, there was no large pile up of work that I needed to dig into, only about a hundred e mails to go through, and mail, but that was acceptable. I had my first of the month duties that kept me busy the last two days, and at the end of today, I'm thrilled that I am caught up. I was glad that I remembered all my many passcodes and user names for everything related to the computer, I didn't have to look them up on my cheat sheet. When I walked into the office, I noticed that nothing was different. My desk and work area was just the way I left it, and though everything seemed strange at first, it didn't take me too long to get back into the swing, just as if I had never left. However, I now felt rested and more healthy.

The best part of returning, was the outpouring of welcome backs that I received from everyone, not just in my office, but the girls upstairs in the bank, the girls in the coffee shop, and all those who I come in contact in the building. Some were surprised that I was back already, one gal at the bank said "has it been 6 weeks already?", I responded no, with laproscopic surgery its three weeks! I felt missed and very loved. What a nice feeling, how nice to know that I was missed and that so many care for me. How fortunate. The gals I work with gave me a hearty return, I work with great staff and my supervisor especially has been so supportive of me through all of this. I was really touched when around 1 pm yesterday, a delivery came for me from a local florist. It was a beautiful begonia plant, from the two Administrative Support gals in our St. Cloud office. How nice is that...wow!

Yes, I am happy to be back, and I feel blessed to work with good people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>