Sunday, April 01, 2007

I'm Convinced

Tonight I went to our "Movie Night" that my Hope UM Church has one Sunday evening a month. I have never gone before, but the movie being shown was one that I have wanted to see, and haven't seen yet. There is always discussion after the movie, and I thought that would be interesting. The movie was "An Inconvenient Truth". I'm sure you know about this movie, the documentary that former VP Al Gore made about Global Warming. I really did not need to be convinced that we have global warming going on, just look at the evidence of the changing climate all over the world, and the melting glaciers, and ice cap. But, if I had any doubts, I do not have doubt anymore. He had very good charts and scientific evidence to back up the fact that our earth is warming way too fast, and it's going to cause problems, especially for our children's generation. We must do something. He made a good point at the end of the movie that we do have the knowledge and the tools to make things better, we need to get moving, one family and one person at a time until change is made. We can help make our earth better. Our church is going to be discussing how we can help and what we as a faith community can do to make change. Our pastor reminded us that if we felt dispair after viewing the movie, that we must move on from dispair to hope, there is hope, there are things we can each do. Check out
this website: http://stepitup2007.org
Also: www.InterfaithPowerandLight.org
and www.an-inconvenient-truth.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>