Thursday, April 05, 2007

Flat Madelyn goes Downtown




"Flat Madelyn" rode with me to work yesterday. (See yesterday’s post below) We ended up with 10 inches of snow over the hill where we live. The roads were very snow covered and icy, and it’s downhill the whole way for me until I hit the freeway and Lake Superior. Flat Madelyn was worried that we would go in a ditch on the slippery roads, but she soon realized I was a seasoned Duluth winter driver, turning off over drive and using low gear, my car has anti-lock brakes, and going very slowly, we made it. I showed her the lake. It was very murky, gray and dreary looking. I told her that usually it is blue and very beautiful. On the way home, it looked oh, so much more blue and beautiful. I showed her around downtown, and the building I work in, and our office and my co/workers. She thoroughly enjoyed the day. At lunch time I took her with me on a walk in one of our skywalks. On the skywalk we crossed I-35, and she could see the DECC. There is no excuse for those that work downtown, not to walk. We have a great set of skywalks that gives us the opportunity to walk even on the coldest, snowiest days! We walked with a co/worker who walks that route every day, so she quickly left us in the dust. But, that was o.k., the thing is that we did walk!

Last evening, my Granddaughter Madelyn called me to ask how “Flat Madelyn’s” day went. She wanted to be sure that I was taking good care of her. She told me to be sure that I tucked her into bed at night. Yes, Madelyn, I’m taking good care of your “Flat Madelyn”. She’ll have more adventures today.
Photos by Jonathan Lund

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm smiling.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>