Monday, November 27, 2006

Icky Morning

After such a wonderful Wednesday through Sunday, I sure did start this week off on an icky start! I had a yucky morning.
In an effort to solve some digestive and reflux problems, I had two tests scheduled this morning at 9:30 am. The first one did not go as planned, and we ran into problems, but not until after the tube was put in my nose and down my esophagus twice! (Manometry Exam) The second one was a follow up and couldn’t be done until the first one was done. (The problem was not created by myself or the tech giving me the test (she was wonderful), it had to do with what part of my problem is. Anyway, I was sent home and told to wait till the two Gastroenterologist partners could talk the problem over, to decide what step to take next with me. She said it might be a day or two before I hear back. She also said they might give me a different test than the one I had this morning. I am NOT looking forward to a repeat of what I went through this morning! It was not fun. As I was sitting there, going through the torture, I remembered something that someone once told me a few years ago, when he was referring to tests that we have to go through to stay healthy. He said that we have to be very brave to live in our bodies and keep them healthy. I guess I agree, some tests we have to go through do require bravery. Especially the tests that you are wide awake for! Hope the rest of my week goes better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>