Friday, September 22, 2006

2006 Duluth Relay For Life Results

2006 Duluth Relay For Life

One more thing about Relay For Life and Celebration on the Hill, then I will get off the subject for all of you that think that I will never stop talking about it. I must tell you about the outcome of our 15th Annual Duluth Relay For Life event, as I haven’t done that yet. I am very proud of all those who participated in it, team members, survivors, workers, the committee, everyone who had anything to do with the event, all who contributed to making it one of our best years ever! It was also our best year for raising funds that will be used for fighting cancer. The money raised will be used for RESEARCH, PROGRAMS, EDUCATION, PATIENT SERVICES. Our organization, our Relay Committee thanks everyone!

The total was $120,593.30. A very nice increase over last year’s $105,000! We had 50 teams, 200 survivors, 2000 luminaries lining the track. We had one team that raised $20,000, up from their $15,000 last year.
Some other statistics:
$10,000 plus Raised by: 2 teams
$ 7,500 plus Raised by: 2 teams
$ 5,000 plus Raised by 2 teams
$ 2,500 plus Raised by 2 teams
$ 1,000 plus Raised by 10 teams
$ 500 plus Raised by 23 teams

My team that I captained, from our church, HOPE UMC, raised over $7,700.00. I have some very enthused team members who want to start already, raising funds for 2007’s relay, which will be July 13, 2007. We will have a goal of $10,000. I raised over $1,700, so my personal goal will be at least $2,500. If you give to the American Cancer Society throughout the year, please consider giving the donation through me or someone that you know that is relaying, for credit to the relay event, the money all goes to the same place.
Our event will once again be online, so you can donate to me through there also, however it is not online as of yet, give it about 2 weeks or so, we are working on finalizing the web page, it will be accessible through our web site: www.cancer.org You can also find relay information there.

Please remember, Relay For Life isn’t about the money, though we do get excited over the money raised, it is the celebration of Cancer Survivors and remembrances of those we have lost to cancer, and those that are in the midst of cancer.

Consider joining a Relay For Life team in your area for 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>