Sunday, September 17, 2006

Quiet Weekend and Change Ahead

Nice quiet weekend. Yesterday we had a very cloudy, dreary type day, rain in the morning. But a perfect day for doing not much of anything, and that's about what I did, not much of anything!!!

Today started cloudy, but the sun came out and the middle part of the day was a beautiful fall day. Now, it is clouding up again, and they say it's to get colder tomorrow. I think this afternoon was a perfect fall day. I sat outside on our back deck and read a book I started reading back in June. I figure we won't get too many more nice days like this.

Bob and Rob went golfing after the Vikings game. Bob is trying to get as much golf in as he can. I told him I wanted to do something outside since it was so nice, he told me "well, you can go pull the weeds out of your flower beds" (Notice he calls them "my" flower beds)..Ha ha... that's NOT what I had in mind, so I sat on the deck instead and read my book! My poor flower beds sure didn't get much attention this spring or summer. To work on them now, seems silly, with a frost coming soon. I'll try to do better with them next year!

Speaking of quiet, last week was the quietest week I had at my job in about 9 months! In fact I was able to leave every day on time,imagine that! I'm almost afraid to say that I'm finally getting caught up, we finally have a little lull, but it won't last long... come October the staff and I will be gearing up once again for all the 2007 program and events!

Changes abounding at the job as always, seems whenever we think things are settled in one way, something gets changed. One of our staff will be leaving, happens to be the one that is my supervisor and supervises the two staff in the office that I do the most work for. Fortunatly, the organization is going to a "common salary review system" this fall, and she will be giving me my salary review before she leaves. (It's hard to be reviewed by a supervisor you only worked a short time for...that has happened to me). My review will be one day before my birthday, hope I get a good one, it's been a very difficult year, right about now, I'm feeling that I need to have some affirmation of my work. Both of the staff she supervises are applying for her position, so it will be quite interesting, one of them could be my new boss! If one of them gets the position, then that means a new person in their position! Either way it means another person coming onboard. We will have to adjust to another personality on the team.

I'm trying very hard not to worry about it. I'm telling myself that I will have to just "roll with the changes" like I've been doing for these last 9 years there! After all, one thing I've learned is that "there is one constant in life and that is change".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>