Monday, September 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Tim!


Happy Birthday Tim

I think I was very lucky when it came to brothers and sisters when I was growing up, because I remember the day each of my two youngest brothers and my sister were born. I was 13, 14 and 15 years old when each of them were born. I remember the day each of them came home from the hospital. There's something really special and close to the heart when you have seen your siblings from "day one", helped to name them, changed their diapers, and watched them grow up.
It's also amazing to realize after they are grown that they are adults. It's the same feeling you have after you have raised your own children and realize that they are adults.

The reason I bring this up tonight is because the “oldest of the youngest” of my siblings
has his birthday today. (Remember, I there were two brothers next to me in age…I do NOT remember them coming home from the hospital!). Happy Birthday Tim! I won’t say exactly how old he is today, but let’s say it’s the other side of 40. It was hard enough thinking they were in their twenties, now all three of them are over 40! I just can't hardly believe it! And next month when the youngest brother has his birthday, I will be saying the same thing!!!

This is the brother who bought Mom and Dad’s farmhouse, who would have thought 40 years ago that he would be living there. I am thrilled that he and his family are there.

Today is also one of my Dad’s sister’s birthday, Aunt Sara. So, happy birthday too, to Aunt Sara!

Come Saturday, another brother celebrates a birthday, the one closer to me in age. His birthday is also very special, because he shares it with his "Big Sister".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>