Thursday, February 16, 2006

Cold - Busy - Inspirational Day

Linda's Thoughts from Duluth
Yep…I was right! Today I saw lots of heavy coats, hats, scarves, heavy gloves. Tonight is to be the coldest air since the middle of January a year ago. The wind is to be bad, to make the wind chill low, and 20 below zero by Sat. morning. I wore my heavier coat, my heavier gloves, and warmed the car before leaving for work.

The day was not only cold, it was hectic. We were all swamped at the job today, not just me…so we all felt harried. I was able to escape at 2:15 for a doctor’s appointment. It was by the hospital, so I stopped to visit my friend I wrote about on Monday. She was so cheerful and happy to see me. She told me she felt so good she didn’t think she should be there, I asked if she thought she was misdiagnosed, and she said, “oh my, no. I saw the x rays…the cancer is all through my head…it’s everywhere”. She was feeling happy though, because she said she would be going home tomorrow. Her husband said he ordered 2 hospital beds, one for her, one for him! He has always had a great sense of humor, and it was great to see he still has it. Her sisters and nieces are coming up from the cities for the weekend. Her Mother and brother were here last weekend. She is not letting this get her down. Of course, I’ve seen her a few days later, so I’m sure she’s had time to adjust. She told me she will be here in July to walk the “Survivors’ Lap” and maybe even the track at the Relay For Life event. It was good to see her and good to know she can go home. She told me how this puts all those little things that we worry about into prospective, and she told me we shouldn’t worry about the little things. Good point! Her ever faithful husband was there. I think about how many years she supported him, 10 years or so ago when he had a heart transplant. She was always there for him, and gave him so much support. Now, he is there for her! That’s love!

My day was made so much calmer and peaceful by my visit to her. She is an inspiration!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda, you are a born writer. You have much to share. Keep up the great memoir writing.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>