Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Change in the Weather

Linda's Thoughts from Duluth
We in Duluth are going to be in for a shock this weekend. Winter is returning. It has started getting colder, and tomorrow night we are to have wind chill of 24 below, and 20 below zero by Saturday morning. The weatherman says we are in for a very cold spell. Rob and I were watching the weather report, and he was very happy to hear of winter’s return. "After all, this IS Northern Minnesota”, he remarked.

I noticed something coming out of work tonight at 5 pm. It was light, not dark. Also, with the colder days we are getting SUN again! Tonight I drove home through town instead of the freeway because I was going to make a stop at the grocery store in a neighborhood where I had a coupon for free eggs and a free pound of bacon. (Stores know how to entice us, don’t they?!). Since I was driving through town, I noticed many examples of how unusually mild it’s been. The temperature according to my car was 12 degrees and people were still wearing their lightweight coats. Some only in vests and some in sweaters and they looked very cold.

I haven’t had to warm my car in the mornings lately, but this morning, I was sorry that I hadn’t. It was 5 degrees, and it seemed the car never warmed up inside at all! I had my light coat, light gloves, only a blouse, no sweater; I was freezing by the time I got into work! I’m sure we’ll see different wardrobes on the streets tomorrow! We will all be getting out our heavy winter coats, heavier gloves, hats, scarves and mittens. Guess I should start now to dig them up for my family, since I’m not sure where I have them stored!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lois said...

I guess I will have to break out my faux sable coat! Commented to Jeff a couple weeks ago that I still hadn't worn this year since it had been "too warm". Well, I think that will change.
Jeff plans to make baked beans soon so he can used the oven for long duration. Oh, they are so good. That on top of the great pea soup he made! Hope the wind doesn't blow your way. Ha!

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>