Sunday, August 24, 2008

Connecting with My Brother


I forgot to tell my readers that I was able to connect with my brother from Pennsylvania this month! For 10 years he has been going on an annual “Baseball tour” with a group of men and some have their sons along… they go for a long weekend, and hit different stadiums and games each year. Three years ago they came to Minneapolis’s Dome for a Twin’s Game, and we met my brother and the group at the dome and watched the game with them. This summer the tour included Mpls. again, because they were in Milwaukee and one of the men had missed the year they came to the Twins, so they came again this year. It's the closest to Duluth that my brother has been since they visited us a good 25+ years ago. We met the bus as it pulled into the Holiday by the Metrodome, on August 11th, and we were able to visit and have supper together before the game, and then since we stayed overnight this time, we visited after the game too. My brother met his 8 year old “great niece Madelyn” for the first time, and saw his niece and nephews; we enjoyed the Yankees/Twins game along with him. It was a great family day and evening. The next morning they flew back east and we drove back to Duluth. It was sure good to see my brother!
P. S. We told them they will have to come back again to see the "New Stadium" when it's completed. Boy, I feel old...I remember when the "Metro Dome" was the "New stadium"!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>