Sunday, August 24, 2008

Where Has Our Summer Gone???

Oh my! I just realized today that next weekend is the Labor Day Holiday weekend. And, you know what that means…yes, it means that our summer is over, it means school starts again, we will notice the days to be shorter and cooler, and pretty soon the leaves will turn. So many at church this morning before and during our coffee fellowship were talking about how “short” the summer was, how “fast” it went, and how they didn’t get to do even half the things they thought they would do these last three months! Yes, it is hard to believe that August is almost over. It’s hard to believe that I haven’t accomplished the things I wanted to get done, and that I haven’t enjoyed our beautiful “Duluth perfect” days to the fullest extent that I’ve wanted to. Even this afternoon, was so beautiful, I should have spent the whole day outside, but I didn’t. When working full time, there’s just so much that seems to hold us inside on the weekends, and I don’t know why I allow it to. Maybe because I really have nothing “planned” to do outside, so then the afternoon just goes by, without getting out. The time flies, and the day goes by before I know it. I did sit out on the deck for a while this afternoon reading a book, but then I think it was because I "felt guilty" and found myself back inside doing things around the house!

We are having a pot luck luncheon at work tomorrow, so I had to make the "Calico Beans" that I signed up to do. That led me to making something that can be warmed up for our supper tomorrow night, and ended up spending more time in the kitchen than I wanted to. We always make our pot lucks for a Monday, so we don't have to scramble on a weeknight to make something.

I will have to be very careful during the lunch, not to eat too much of all the goodies I know will be there. I'm still on the "straight and narrow" with my good, healthy, low carbs, high protein and low sodium" diet, and I do NOT want to get off track! Of course, I had to taste the beans I was making today, but that counted as my supper (beans - protein!). The scales showed another 2 lb loss this morning, and hopefully it won't be up tomorrow. I won't be eating any Calico Beans tomorrow. I am 4 lbs away from my inital goal of losing 40 pounds... when I hit the 40 lb I plan to work on the next 20 .. having a goal of 20 at a time. If I accomplished nothing else this summer, I've accomplished a weight loss and a habit of being healthier! So it has been a good summer!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Linda!!!

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>