Saturday, May 05, 2007

Cruisin'









One day in Florida we drove about an hour to Madera Island and the town of Treasure Island to take a cruise on a “Party Ship”. It was termed as a cruise out into the ocean, with entertainment and slot machines and gaming after reaching the international waters, where gaming was legal. We boarded the ship at 11 am. There was a buffet luncheon on board. I have posted photos of the shore as we were leaving it, going out into the ocean.

I am not a gambler, so I didn’t play. Bob didn’t play too much, and of course, none of them won anything. Mostly we all sat on the top deck of the ship and just relaxed. I enjoyed doing that. The first part of the trip was not too great for me because the day before I was out on the golf course, and that evening I suffered with spring allergies. I took Sudafed PE, which I have never taken before, at bedtime. When I was still stuffed up in the morning, I took another dose again, not realizing that it would have the effect of sleepiness. I guess I should have known better. Anyhow, I was so sleepy on the way to the boat, I could hardly stay awake. I was the same way until about the time the ship changed course and headed back to shore! Needless to say, I didn’t do much except sit on the top level of the ship and “relax”. No more Sudafed PE for me!

I was recovered in time to eat at a good seafood dinner at the "Friendly Fisherman" restaurant at the shore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>