Friday, May 04, 2007

The Deer

This morning I was going to write more about our vacation, however my husband called me to the kitchen a little bit ago. There were three beautiful deer in our backyard. They were grazing on our grass. We stood and watched them for quite awhile, until one of them scampered off to the neighbors’ yard through our thicket into the neighbor’s yard, then the other two followed one by one, until they were out of our sight. Gee, they were pretty. Wouldn’t you know it, I didn’t have a camera on hand to take pictures! (We didn’t see any deer in Florida.)

One of the things I insisted on when we remodeled our kitchen 3 years ago was that my kitchen sink be moved to the other side of the room by the window that faced our pretty back yard. Two contractors who gave us bids tried to talk me out of that to save money. I’m glad I insisted, we really love being able to look out as we are doing things by the sink.

Bob told me the other day around lunch time he saw there were 6 deer grazing there. In the 36 years we’ve lived here, I don’t remember seeing deer in our back yard, probably because we never had a window overlooking our backyard! Glad we didn’t miss the deer this morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>