Sunday, December 17, 2006

In The Spirit!


In the Spirit
Alright! I’m in the Christmas Spirit now! My Christmas cards are all done, Christmas shopping done, I did some baking, and what really put me in the spirit was our HOPE UMC service this morning. The children at our church put on their Annual Christmas Pageant. It was wonderful. It was cute, it was inspirational and it was so nice to see the children understanding exactly what this season is really about. It takes the little ones to remind us oldsters, who sometimes get a bit cynical when their children are all grown, why we celebrate and to put us into the spirit! We had the children choosing people from the congregation to come up and help portray Mary, Joseph, the animals, shepherds and wise men. The persons chosen were given their costumes to get them into the part. It was wonderful. We even had a real baby. I saw some flashes of cameras, so hopefully we’ll see some photos of this wonderful program, and I will post one here. The only thing I missed was not having any grandchildren in the pageant (remember they live in Hudson).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>