Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Anniversary Gift - Twin Ponds


Linda's Thoughts from Duluth
I gave my husband an Anniversary gift. He told me he loved it, but said that it really was a gift for both of us. I found a beautiful winter photograph, 11 X17 framed, of The Twin Ponds here in Duluth. It was taken at sunset, so the shadows and the sunset is in the photo also. I bought it in July and could hardly wait, but decided I would wait and give it to Bob for our Anniversary.

Why would I do that you ask? Here’s the answer. There is significance to the photo. Between the time that Bob left PA from the army and when we got married, I made a trip to Duluth to visit him and meet his family. I flew (first time flying) into Duluth at 10:30 pm at night. He lived on 12 Ave. West, and on the way to his place, he brought me across Skyline Parkway…I saw the lights of the city, Lake Superior and it was a beautiful sight to behold. Now, my out of state readers will not know the “Twin Ponds” area, but you Duluthians do. It is along the skyline, hillside, and there are two ponds and a pretty bridge. He stopped by the two ponds and asked me to marry him. When I saw this photograph, it brought it all back to me. I had to have the photograph! When Bob opened it, I asked if he recognized it, he did, and he knew exactly why I bought it!

PS...I didn't get a gift from him, because our Anniversary falls so close to Christmas we do not give each other anniversary gifts usually. The posted photo here, is NOT the photo that I gave him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>