Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thankful For... Thanksgiving Day '06

Thankful For...
Things I’m thankful for – Thanksgiving, 2006

--My health

--Being able to share Thanksgiving Day and meal with our daughter and grandchildren

--Thanks for good travel weather for all those traveling over this holiday

--Sharing the "Lori Line Holiday Concert" tomorrow night with Dawn and Skylar

--The earth we live on and its beauty

--The beautiful city of Duluth

--Duluth when the snow has first fallen

--Our home on Owatonna Street

--Lake Superior - all its beauty throughout the seasons

--The beautiful sights of our Northland

--Thanks for the warm October and November that we’ve had

--Thanks for the 52 degrees and sun we had yesterday (we set a record!)

--Thanks for my immediate family
(husband, daughter, sons, son in law, grandchildren,
son’s girlfriend and her family and the love they show me

--Thanks for our children’s partners and the love they give them

--Thanks for a very special Grandson, who never fails to let me know how much he loves me

--The health of our family

--My friends in Duluth and Minnesota

--Friends who are like sisters

--My siblings in Pennsylvania - Julie, Steve, Tim, Mark and their families
--My Aunts, Uncles, cousins in PA
--My friends in PA

--Thanks for the time spent with the son who doesn’t live at home with us

--Thanks for the son who does live at home with us, that we can see him everyday

--My job that employs me for 37.5 hours

--A good supervisor at the job

--My co/workers

--The American Cancer Society that is constantly fighting cancer

--Thanks that I am part of the American Cancer Society and the fight

--Thanks to those that volunteer for the American Cancer Society

--That I have 2 more days of vacation left that I can use yet in ‘06

--That I work somewhere that has a nice paid holiday schedule

--like Friday after Thanksgiving…and reduced work schedule between Christmas and New Year’s

--My Covenant Discipleship Group at HOPE UMC

--My HOPE UMC family

--Our pastor at Hope UMC (Rev. Michelle Hargrave) and her family

--MEMORIES!!!
childhood
parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins
aunts, uncles, cousins and other family members, including one
brother, both on my side and Bob’s side, who have all gone on to their rewards

--The beauty of my home state of Pennsylvan and Adams County

--My husband who will be home this winter to snow blow and shovel, and have the path and driveway cleared for me when I get home from work

--My husband, who helps with the household duties, to make it easier for me to work full time.

--My husband, who is not only a great husband, he’s a great Dad

--The beautiful summer and extended fall that we have had this year

--Thankful that my brother Tim, and his family are now owners of Mom and Dad’s homestead and that they are taking good care of the home.
--Thankful that my brother Mark is farming the land of Mom and Dad’s farm
--Thankful knowing that Mom and Dad’s farm that they worked so hard on, is remaining in our family

--Thankful that I was able to go home in August and see my family and the homestead

--Thanks that there is not a military draft in the US

--Thanks for those who choose to be in the military and fight for our country

For all these named blessings, and blessings un-named
I am truly thankful

--Thank The Lord, on this day and everyday!


I wish for all my readers a Blessed Thanksgiving Holiday.
I hope you will each take the time today to think about all the things you are thankful for. May we also think of those in our society that do not have the blessings that we have, those that are homeless, or living in less than ideal living conditions, those that are in harms way, in need of encouragement and hope, and all children that need more than they are given. May we strive throughout each day to do what we can to help others in any way we can. May we each make a difference in someone's life whenever we can!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Linda

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>