Monday, November 20, 2006

No Turkey

No Turkey
This year Thanksgiving will be more fun than usual. I will be thankful that our daughter and grandchildren will be spending it with us. This will be the first time in her married life that they have spent Thanksgiving with us. They usually come up on Friday, after having Thanksgiving with his side of the family. Her husband will be working that day, so she and the children are coming to Duluth. One thing that she has requested for the day, no turkey! She does not like turkey, and requested that I make a pot roast instead. Well, I will be happy to oblige, making a pot roast is much simpler and less time consuming than making a whole Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner! Rob and Bob, concur that they are not crazy about turkey and like the pot roast idea. They do ask though, that I make mashed potatoes and gravy with the roast, so we’ll have roasted potatoes, carrots, AND mashed potatoes. Then, I want to add the homemade stuffing, as that is what I like best about the T. dinner! And… she wants cheesecake along with the usual Thanksgiving dessert items! Well, we all like cheesecake. So, it won’t be the “traditional” Thanksgiving Dinner, but it will be great to have the children and grandchildren with us. (Well, most of the children…now, if I could just pull the youngest son away from the girlfriend’s family, it would be perfect!). I will invite them, but I know what the answer will be, so am prepared for that. I need to be thankful that our son is so well accepted into her family. So I will add that to my thanks list on Thanksgiving Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>