Monday, October 30, 2006

How Observant Are You?

Linda's Thoughts from Duluth
So, some interesting things happened this weekend that made me think that maybe I’m not as observant as I should be:

Stopped by the police – it was a seat belt check, to see that I was using my seat belt which I was, (I always do), but I was going over the speed limit, and I was sure I was going to get a speeding ticket. I was so relieved when he told me it was a check for the seat belt, but noted that I should “watch my speed on Calvary Road”. I have a habit of not paying attention to what speed I’m driving… not observant enough.

Turned onto a one-way street by accident – gee – that’s scary – probably not being observant.

The one that really threw me for a loop – a mural of our Woodland UM Church was added to our fellowship hall wall at Hope UMC. I noticed it yesterday morning, thinking it was just put there. I was told, “Linda, it’s been there for months”. I walked up to it and discovered that the date on the painting was 11/05!!! Oh, my. I can’t believe that I never noticed it before. I’m in that hall almost every Sunday morning! The friend I was talking to at the time, said “Linda, when you visit with people, you concentrate on them, not the surroundings. The mural also blends in well with the other murals there.” She was probably being kind, because she knew how upset I was that I never noticed it before. I’m hoping she’s right about the reason. But the two incidents that happened with the car, what excuse except that I was not being observant? Getting old… could that be it? Wait a minute… I’m not that old yet!

To be on the safe side, this morning I drove to work with two post it notes on my dashboard “Be Observant” and by the speedometer “SLOW DOWN”. I got a speeding ticket in town last spring, (due to not paying attention to my speed), I can’t afford another ticket to be against our insurance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>