Sunday, October 22, 2006

Breakfast with...and other Surprises


We received a surprise call on Friday night. Our Grandson, Skylar, was in town!
His Aunt and cousins from his Dad’s side, moved to Duluth a month or so ago. They have been wanting Dawn to let Skylar drive up for a visit. Skylar has been trying to convince his parents to let him drive to Duluth by himself, ever since he got his driver’s license a year ago. They have not allowed him to, but I guess after a year, they felt that they couldn’t hold him off any longer. The cousins wanted him to come up to go to the “Haunted Ship” with them. We have a retired ore boat docked, which is a tourist attraction, tours are given. Every Halloween season it is made into a “Haunted Ship”. Skylar doesn’t have any weekends to come up, due to his school activities, and work, he didn’t even have a chance to spend any time in Duluth all summer. This weekend was no exception, he had to leave town by noon Saturday, to get back in time for work. So, we met him for breakfast. It was really good to see him! He was so happy to see us, and happy that his parents finally relented and let him make the drive up from the cities by himself. (2 1/2 hr. trip) The trip went well, so hopefully he will be allowed to come up to see us all here in Duluth, more often! Of course, one more year from now when he is 18, they will have nothing to say about it. I can’t believe he will be 18 in another year. I can’t believe we will soon have a grown Grandson!

Another bright moment and surprise yesterday, I just wrote and told you that we hardly ever see our son and his girlfriend due to their working all the time. Yesterday, just as we got back from breakfast with Skylar, Sarah and her Mother stopped in for a visit. That was very nice. Sarah also brought me my Mother’s Day and Birthday gifts, that she said Scott was supposed to get to me earlier. (well, you know boys!) Nice surprise, nice visit.

To top the day off, my friend Lois and I had made plans to go to the movie “One Night With the King” at 4:00. It was a great movie, we really enjoyed it. It is a movie based on Queen Esther of Persia, who risked her life to save her Jewish people. The event is related in the book of “Esther” in the Bible. I also wrote about it on my post “She Didn’t Have To”…if you want to refer to it. The actor who played the villain in the story, I have never seen him before, but boy, did he do a great job as the villain… you really had to loathe him, every time you heard him talk, and saw him! And, the actress who played Esther, was sure a beauty! Omar Shariff, (who I have trouble realizing that he is getting really old, because I remember him when he was young and in Dr. Zhivago,) also had a key part. Anyhow, for all you movie lovers, I would definitely recommend this movie and also recommend it even if you aren’t a movie lover. You will enjoy it.

So… since I didn’t get anything around home accomplished yesterday, I guess I should quit writing and try to get something done today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>