Monday, October 16, 2006

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month


It seems everytime I turn around I find out about another friend diagnosed with breast cancer! I have 2 friends going through treatment, one that is just about finished with treatment, and many friends who are breast cancer survivors. Yesterday I received an e mail from a friend in Louisiana, she is my age. She is fighting breast cancer right now. I have no doubt that breast cancer has touched someone that you know and love.

Take a minute to check out the new American Cancer Society's web page on breast cancer at:
www.cancer.org/breastcancer

This page serves as a one-stop shop for breast cancer information, resources and opportunities to join the fight.

Did you know that The American Cancer Society has spent more than $290 million $ on Breast Cancer Research since 1972. ACS is the nation's largest non-governmental supporter of breast cancer research nationwide.

Also, your support of the National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program will help low-income, uninsured and underinsured women access breast cancer screenings and follow-up care. To support this effort or to learn more about the program, visit www.acscan.org/makingstrides.

Read my post below for more information on how The American Cancer Society is impacting Breast Cancer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>