Friday, October 20, 2006

Nice Friday!


What a nice day I had! It was a quiet day at the office. It's Friday! I left the office feeling good, nothing leftover to be done on Monday, all caught up - that's un believeable! That hasnt' happened at the job for over a year, maybe even 2 years! I'm enjoying it while I can, because I know in a few short weeks it will be a zoo again! Another good thing: I had lunch with my husband and our son, Scott, who we haven’t seen in over 2 weeks! It was so so good to see him. It seems he and his girl are so busy working full time and part time jobs to be able to have their own place that we don’t see him very often, and from a Mother’s prospective, I don’t see him nearly enough! I would like to call him every day on his cell phone, I know that I could, but I also do not want to be the Mother who is constantly keeping after her grown 25 year old son, I know how busy they both are and hate to bother them. I don’t want to lay guilt on him for not calling us, as Bob’s Mother often did to Bob. She knew how to “lay on the guilt”. (Italian Mother, you know) I always said I would never do that to my children, so I bend over the other way, sometimes I wonder if I go too much the other way. It's hard to know what balance to have when it comes to your grown children, who really aren't children anymore. So, as I’ve said before, I have to accept that sons have to keep their girls happy and Mother’s are put on the back burner (many Mothers have told me this.) So, as long as he knows he can always come to us, that’s all I can expect now, and an occasional stop at the house, and lunch a few times a month! I sure do enjoy those lunchs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>