Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Grandson's Birthday


Grandson's Birthday

Oh my, can it be 17 years ago that I was in the nursery of St. Luke’s Hospital at 3 am holding my first grandchild???? Our Skylar is 17 years old today. At my daughter’s request, I was with her throughout her labor. I’m glad she had her Mom there, because I kept after the nurses when her labor didn’t progress and she was so miserable. They finally took x rays and realized that baby was never going to make it down that birth canal on his own. Skylar’s Dad was with her through the caesarian procedure. I was there to hold him soon after though. I will never forget that thrill of seeing our first grandchild and holding him. He was a beautiful baby, blond hair and blue eyes. He looked like his Dad. Knowing how much I wanted my Mother with me when Dawn was born, and she was 1250 miles away, I knew that I had to be there for my daughter. I’m so thankful I was able to be there for her.

Skylar has been a joy to us these 17 years. He is a very special person, he is not your typical teen, but then maybe I’m prejudiced! (oh...no...he IS special!)

Nine years later, both Bob and I were able to be at the hospital for her when she had our second grandchild, Madelyn. Another thrilling day! Madelyn just turned 6 in August.

Thank you, dear daughter, for giving us two beautiful grandchildren.

Happy Birthday dear Skylar! We love you!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skylar is a handsome dude.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>