Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Oh No! Snow!


Oh No Snow!
Talk of the town today was that snow is coming. I refused to listen or believe, but I just heard the news and it said it is already snowing in the northwestern part of Minnesota and is for sure coming this way. It sounds like more than a mere inch too. We don't want to hear this. We've had such a beautiful summer and autumn and we want it to last longer! This is way too early in October to see snow, even if it's only an inch or so. I don't remember getting snow this early in October for years. I do remember though, the famous "Halloween Storm", October 31st, about 7 or 10 years ago when we got over a foot or more, and most people didn't have their yards cleaned up, or even summer things out of their yards! Bob took our deck furniture off our deck on Sunday.

Today at my lunch time, I went to the Rose Garden for a walk on what they said would be our last really nice day. I expected it to be warm and sunny. I was disappointed. It was very cloudy and cool and windy. The temperature at 1 pm was ony 55. I guess we'll have to face it, winter is coming. It started raining around 7:30 tonight. We didn't believe we'd get a storm with a foot of snow the year we had the Halloween storm either! Yeah, I guess snow is coming, but let's hope it won't be a "Halloween Storm". I guess I'll have to break down and wear a coat tomorrow morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>