Monday, October 09, 2006

A Surprise at the Grocery Store

Oh my gosh...can you believe that I stopped at a grocery store during my lunch time, and who did I see but the realtor that sold us our house 35 years ago, that I just wrote about yesterday morning! I almost didn't recognize her, but approached her and said her name, and it was her! When I told her my name, she remembered, and remembered the house she sold us. She asked if we were still there, and I told her we were! She said she can't keep houses listed in Woodland, as so many want to live there. It is only the second time I have ever seen her in these 35 years! She stopped one time when Dawn was about 10 years old and asked if we were interested in selling, she was looking for listings! I thought she'd be retired by now, but she said she is still working, still selling houses!

Oh, I want to add about the area we live in, I used to work with a woman at the bank, who kept telling me that Woodland used to be truck farms and bogs years ago!
Bob's Dad grew up on one of the farms up this way, we don't know exactly where or anything about his family, because his Dad was not close to his family and I don't want to say what my Mother in law had to say about her Mother in law! I never got any information from Dolly, so I know nothing about that side of my husband's family.(Did I ever write about how Bob's Mother's marriage was one of those
"arranged" marriages..no I don't think I have..the two mother's arranged it and the two getting married had no say!)Well...that's a story for another time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>