Sunday, September 24, 2006

Out of Season

Linda's Thoughts from Duluth
I am not a shopper, I don’t really enjoy shopping, but sometimes I need to do it. I really
need a new bathing suit. The chlorine in the pool at the fitness center is very hard on suits, and mine is in bad shape. I should have looked for one last month, but didn’t because my friend gave me one that she didn’t use. I tried it, I don’t like it, doesn’t fit real well, and it has a skirt to it that keeps flying up when I’m in the water. Yesterday, my daughter told me that Younkers had their Goodwill sale, for every piece of clothing you turn in to them for Goodwill, they give you a 20% coupon to use, through tomorrow. She told me I should go do some Christmas shopping with the coupons. I decided that I would do some Christmas shopping and also look for a swimming suit. So, I gathered up a large bag of clothing to give to the Goodwill and off I went. I couldn’t find things for Christmas presents, I guess because I’m not used to Christmas shopping in September. I’m usually a last minute person because I hate to shop. Two of my guys are so picky that to try to buy clothing for them is usually a bust. The one son that isn’t picky doesn’t complain about what clothes I buy him, he just never wears them…he’d rather stick to his old grungy things, than something new! I’ve bought him so many nice things since he’s an adult, and most of them sit in his closet! The others that I buy gifts for are all pretty fussy too, so I didn’t come home with any Christmas presents.

There were no swimming suits to be found anywhere…I looked in three different department stores, after Younkers didn’t have any. I guess I should have known, why would there be swimming suits in the fall in Duluth? I should have been looking last month, or earlier this month. I guess I will have to look in a catalog, but hate to buy through the mail, in case it doesn’t fit and I hate returning things!

However, I did come home with some new purchases. I bought some new clothing, I don’t do that too often, but when I do, I get on a roll and buy more than one thing, because I know it will be 6 or 8 months before I go shopping again. Now, I did this in spite of what my daughter and husband has told me. Dawn told me this summer that I should never shop for myself for clothing alone, because I make poor choices. Nice comment from your daughter, huh? Well, I told my husband what she said, and he told me he agreed with her! Oh well, too bad, I shopped alone this weekend! I do hope that I made at least a few good choices. I'm practicing an affirmation this afternoon "I am able to shop by myself and make good choices"! and "I feel better, knowing I have some new things to wear to work". Also, since the only gift I got for my birthday was a rose, I guess I can consider that the shopping spree was my birthday present! (note: my daughter did tell me she will buy my birthday present when we shop together the next time I visit her).

1 Comments:

Blogger Lois said...

Thanks for doing the swim suit shopping! While I was doing the therapy pool I just wore shorts and a tee shirt. I will be needing a suit for when I start going to use the pool on my own.
If they don't have any suits in Duluth, I guess we need to go to Land's End. I believe it is www.landsend.com. I should check it out.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>