Monday, September 04, 2006

Linda's Thoughts from Duluth

I guess I have come off the high I've been on the last 2 weeks after my trip home to PA.
I have been feeling very down all weekend. I was looking at my photos from my PA visit, that didn't help. I talked to my brother yesterday, and my sister twice. It was great talking with them, but made me miss them even more.

I should be happy that we had a three day weekend. I think maybe if I could see the son I miss and my daughter and grandchildren this weekend that might have helped. Bob is off golfing every day, most all day. I've been alone trying to keep my mind off of missing the kids and loved ones from PA. My friends are off doing fun things, so don't have them to talk with. I don't have anything "fun" to do. Also, depressing to think that summer is over and winter will soon be upon us. I even saw some leaves that turned colors yesterday already!

I've been "sleeping in", cleaning drawers and cupboards, and going through summer clothes, putting them away, since fall is upon us, getting out the fall and winter clothes. It's good to get time to do those things, but they certainly aren't fun to do on a "holiday" weekend. I even tried to do a bit of shopping yesterday, but unlike some people, shopping does not provide a high for me. It depresses me more, because I know when I shop, I am spending money I shouldn't spend! So, I shouldn't have tried that! This morning I took a walk, hoping that would help. Of course, since I'm so out of practice of exercising, you can imagine I didn't walk very far. Now, before I know it, I will be back at work tomorrow. So, writing is often good "therapy" for me...so here I am writing.

I must admit, one thing that this all proves is that: I just must get moving again by putting excerise back into my life. I have been off the track with both excercise and eating and I guess that doesn't help my mood. My husband is so good at going every day, I wish I had his discipline. I have to give it a good try again. Others will be going back to school this week... I will be back to the gym... I just must do it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>