Thursday, June 21, 2007

Our Farewell

Order of Farewell to our Pastor Michelle - from Hope's worship service 6/17/07
(Pastor Michelle Hargrave, Hope UMC, Duluth, MN)

Pastor Michelle:
I thank you, the members and friends of Hope United Methodist Church,
for the love and support you have shown me while I have ministered among you.
I am grateful for the way my leadership has been accepted.
I ask forgiveness for the mistakes I have made.
As I leave, I carry with me all that I have learned here.


Congregation: We receive your thankfulness, offer forgiveness, and accept that you now leave to minister elsewhere. We express our gratitude for your time among us. We ask your forgiveness for our mistakes. Your influence on our faith and faithfulness will not leave us with your departure.

Pastor Michelle:
I accept your gratitude and forgiveness, and I forgive you,
trusting that our time together and our parting are pleasing to God.
I release you from turning to me and depending on me.
I encourage your continuing ministry here and will pray for you
and for your new pastor, Dan Schneider-Bryan.


Lay Leader:
Let us pray: Eternal God, whose steadfast love for us is from everlasting to everlasting,
we give you thanks for cherished memories
And commend one another into your care as we move in new directions.
Keep us one in your love forever, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


Read Pastor Michelle's last message to our congregation: http://www.livingtexts.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>