Thursday, January 25, 2007

Rob is 28 today!


Rob - 28
Our middle child, Rob, is 28 years old today! January 25, 1979. Nine years between he and his sister Dawn. Dawn was happy to finally get a brother or sister. We were delighted. Dawn was especially happy because it meant that I would quit my full time job and stay home. That meant a lot to her. The first thing she said after we told her I was pregnant was "does this mean you will quit your job? When I said yes, she said, hurray!" It was so much fun having a baby around the house again, and big sister was such a big help to me. I loved too, that I was home to see her off to school and home to greet her return from school! I was home all during her years from age 9 to after she was grown. I learned during that time that it is as important to be home when your kids are teens, as well as when they are little!

We enjoyed Rob so much, that 3 years later we decided we wanted another child. Then, after Scott came along, I realized what it really was like having two small children, rather than just one. It was diffent, much harder. But we enjoyed raising them, and the difficulty of two little ones, got better as they got older. We have enjoyed all three of our children, and still do!

Our three children were planned. I have often thought how fortunate our generation was to be able to really "plan our children". Our generation, in the 60's when the pill started to be in use, is really the first generation to have a more sure family planning tool. As easy as it was for me to get pregnant 3 times, I think how we could have had a much bigger family! (Not that we wouldn't have wanted more children, but we knew we couldn't economically afford more). We were able to wait until we could afford me to stay home from work to have our second. We were able to wait till we were ready for our third. If not for the pill, we could not have done that. We thought 3 was just the perfect number, we are pleased with our family and thankful that we had the "family planning" option of the pill.

Happy 28th to our second child, who with his siblings has been a blessing to us. So happy we didn't stop at one child! On your birthday, we want to remind you how much we love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>