Monday, January 15, 2007

Martin Luther King Day

Let Justice Roll
I want to write something today to honor Martin Luther King. A bishop from the United Methodist Church writes about him in a Faith in Action Newsletter that our pastor forwarded to me. I urge you to go to www.umc-gbcs.org and click on “Faith in Action” then “Dear Martin” to read his annual “birthday” letter to Rev. King about the progress of racial equality in the United States. One part that really struck me is this - a quote from his letter: "Racism and prejudice can run deep. They do not automatically disappear with succeeding generations. Indeed, I have sadly noted that some grandchildren are more prejudiced than their grandparents! The issues of racism and prejudice must be addressed in every generation." Also read why he has come to this conclusion "So, as we celebrate your birth date in 2007, if I were to be asked if race relations in America are better or still a problem, I would have to respond, "Yes!""

Let's do what we can to pass on to our next generation what we have learned these 30 - 40 years. Let Justice Roll!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>