Monday, January 15, 2007

A Day Off!

It's great having a day home from work on a Monday in January. I tried to make the most of my day off by catching up around our house. Here’s what I accomplished:

 Didn’t sleep in (that’s good, because I really wanted to!)
 Posted about Martin Luther King Day
 Cleaned my desk top and dining room table of my “paper” piles
 Finished putting away Christmas decorations
 Did extra cleaning in the kitchen
 Did grocery shopping*
 Made three meals to have for suppers this week, of which I
won’t be able to eat any of
 Searched the internet for air fares for a vacation we want to take
 Went to “Party America” to buy party plates, napkins, etc.
for a Surprise Birthday party that I’m throwing for my husband
(don’t worry, he won’t see this…he NEVER reads my postings)!
I absolutely can’t believe what my bill was there. I wanted plates and napkins that said “60” on them, and found them at 50% off…now if they had been
full price, my bill would have been even more! I guess I did buy a centerpiece, and a few other things that maybe I wouldn’t have needed… but you know how
it is…I got carried away….

I was planning to go to a meeting tonight at church, but spent most of that time in the bathroom instead. I ate something for supper that I’ve eaten before with no problems, but this time I got sick. I am really getting fed up with not being able to eat normally.

* I would have gotten a lot more done if I hadn’t gone grocery shopping. What was I thinking, when my husband is more than willing to do the shopping! He has been doing the grocery shopping, and would have today, if I would have given him a list. I’m having a hard time giving over the grocery shopping duty to him. I’m not sure if it’s because I hate writing a list, or if I want to be in control of what food we have in the house. (or maybe a little of both). Well, considering the time it took me today, and I always seem to spend more money than him, I really need to let him do it. Next time I think of buying groceries, I’ll have to remember this day.

Back to work tomorrow. It's to be a cold one. The coldest day since Feb. 18, last year, the weather man just said. It's to get down to 20 degrees below zero. We will all wish we could sleep in tomorrow morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>