Saturday, January 13, 2007

House Husband

Linda's Thoughts from DuluthOh my gosh! Now I know that my husband has become the “House Husband”. He has been retired for 7 months now, and as I’ve written before, he has taken over a lot of the household chores that I used to do, such as laundry, dishes, etc. I’m still working full time, so I’m very appreciative of all that he does around the house. The other day he made a comment that makes me realize just how into “being in charge of the house” he has become.* He asked me if I was going to take down the Christmas decorations this weekend. I told him that I wasn’t sure, that I usually liked leaving them up through January (except the tree of course). (January is usually a blah month, and I enjoy still seeing the nativity sets, and holiday trimmings). He told me that he thought we should take them down this weekend. Now, my dear Bob would never have noticed in the past years how long these decorations stayed up, nor would he have cared! He has definitely changed his way of thinking!

*He runs a tighter ship at home than I ever did. He did laundry yesterday and he missed two pairs of slacks I had in the bedroom to be washed, and he told me "they weren't in the hamper,
if you want them washed you need to put them in the hamper!" Gee whiz!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>