Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Celebrate


Linda's Thoughts from Duluth

To celebrate our Anniversary, I took a day and a ½ vacation to spend with my husband. I don’t have to go back to work till tomorrow afternoon… yeah.

We had a nice relaxing morning, and then we went to Red Lobster for lunch, because due to my digestive and eating problems I’m having now, I’m pretty much living on soups, and I simply love their clam chowder. We took our time and really enjoyed our lunch. I am STILL waiting to hear from the Doctor about the tests I had last Thursday... (and yes, I have called and the office knows I am anxious- no messages on voice mail when we returned today..)

Then we spent some time shopping around a little bit…not too much, since neither of us are shoppers. We picked up a gift certificate to help complete our Christmas shopping, and we spent quite a bit of time in the local “Dollar Store”. I hear people rave about the Dollar Store, but must confess I don’t go there too often, I guess I should, since they do have some good deals there … well $46.00 later… the “dollar store” can be a dangerous place, and it’s probably a good thing I don’t go there too often.

I was wrong this morning when I lamented that we would have a dreary day weather wise…the sun did make every effort to come out and once and a while we did see it, in between the thick clouds. It was much nicer than yesterday, and the temperature just about hit 40.

The Blood Center has been calling me for the two months about giving blood, it sounds like they are really in need, especially the 0 positive which is the most universal, and what I have, so I’ve been trying to find time to give. I called and got an appointment for tomorrow morning. I started giving blood about 5 years ago when our church had a blood drive, with the Bloodmobile, and was talked into doing it. I was very scared, but found out there’s really nothing to it…so now I give regularly and it is a good feeling to know that you are helping others through your blood donation.

Gee, what to do on the rest of my day off….? Maybe I should wrap some of those Christmas gifts I bought last weekend…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>