Sunday, April 23, 2006

Another Milestone

I can’t believe it, but another niece has reached the milestone of 18 years! My brother Tim’s youngest and only gir, is 18 years old today. I called Lisa this afternoon to wish her happy birthday.

I told her Mother and Dad, that with her turning 18, it also reminds us that it has been 18 years since they have been to Duluth to visit us. I told them that means, they need to plan a trip here, now that they are about done raising children, and the baby is 18!

They have 3 sons and Lisa. When their third son was about 18 months old, they made a road trip to Duluth to visit us. It was great. My brother told me later, that spending that time with me on that trip, afforded him the chance to get to know his big sister. Remember, I was 13 when he was born, and left PA when he was 9. He said he really never knew me until he spent that week in Duluth with me. I think that was really good, and also true, because I noticed that on my trips home after that he seemed much closer to me. We had a wonderful week togethe. I also got to know him as an adult, and my sister in law better.

All of my siblings, with the exception of my youngest brother Mark, made at least one trip to Duluth to visit us after becoming an adult. Mark was about 12 the last time he came, and I always wish that as an adult, he would make a trip out here. He’s a real outdoor lover, and I just know he would love the Boundary Waters, fishing and hunting out here. My Mother always encouraged them to make a trip out to see us after they grew up. I guess Mom knew that it was important for us to bond as adults.

Soon after returning to PA, Vicki found she was pregnant, and she finally got her daughter! Happy Birthday Lisa!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>