Friday, August 26, 2011

UPDATE from Linda in Duluth

I'm not sure if this past year was any busier than other years, or if I'm just getting older and can't keep up to doing in the evenings and weekends what I used to do.. I am sure it is the latter. I'm exhausted after an 8 hour day of work and come home and I don't have the energy to do much at all...and it's getting worse! Weekends, I have to say, haven't been as productive as they used to be either! Yeah, I am getting old. In my mind I'm not older, but physically, I am!

I can't say that you have missed anything big that went on in my or my family's life since August, 2010. Looking back, I can only say that I'm still working full time for The American Cancer Society. I am 2 days and one month away from being a year older, and closer to Social Security, and maybe, with any luck, retirement...though in this economy, I'm not sure of that. Fortunately, our family has all been blessed with good health, for which I'm very thankful. My husband is still enjoying his retirement of 5 years so far. (5 yrs., unbelievable!) I try not to be jealous, but some days I admit that I am. Our Grandson will be 22 in October, and our Grand- daughter will be 11 on Tuesday. Our daughter had her 40th Birthday a year ago, and our boys are adults, ages 32 and 29. The 29 year old, Scott, celebrated 2 years of marriage to his Sarah in April of this year. Rob still works as a Pharmacy Technican, but he has taken up a passion for cooking and finds it to be how he relaxes...and his Dad and I are the beneficiaries of that passion!

I was blessed to be able to travel back to my home, Pennsylvania in April. I spent a week there and had a wonderful time. Of course, it's hard not to have my parents there, as we have lost both of them, and a brother, but there are still 3 brothers and a sister and sister in laws and brother in law...and lots of others in our large Ebersole family for me to visit!!! And, I find each time I go home, that neices and nephews are starting to have their own families...does that age me or what! My brother, Steve and his wife are both retired now, so they invited me to stay with them. That was fun being able to spend more time with both of them.

Spring and most of the summer went by pretty quietly until the first week of this month...a real boost in my spirits, which I really needed, as I had no boost since April in PA. Our niece, Stacie, the oldest daughter of the brother that we lost to cancer at age 52, came to visit us!!! That was wonderful...I will do some posts about that visit and post pictures. I absolutely loved showing her around our beautiful city and area!! And, she was such a delight to be with!!

I see in my last post that we had a heat wave here last summer too... we had even more of a heat wave the end of July and first 2 weeks of this month. This past week we have had temps in the 70's and it's been great. Really enjoying the cooler weather, especially when it is accompanied by SUN!

So, that's the update for now....will post regularly now...so Julie, you can keep up with your sister!!! Love you Julie...you are the best sister ever!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>