Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Water Level Up

Well, the talk of the week in Duluth is the weather. I went across the street yesterday and today to pick something up for lunch, and both times, and coming and leaving from work, I have had people mention all kinds of things about the weather. People I don't even know, people in the elevators, people in the building, on the streets, in the skywalks...the weather seems to make people chatty. One man in the elevator yesterday said he was glad for the cooler weather and that it was time for "a change". Another person commented "isn't this the craziest weather, one day hot and the next day cold". People are commenting on the cold mornings, the dark mornings and the wet weather "do you think we had enough rain now" one said.

I do know that the newspaper said that the water levels in Lake Superior are now up, which is good. We had more rain in Sept. than we had all year. Some people are having floods in their basements, and storm sewers are overflowing.

I heard its been so hot in southern Minnesota, by Rochester, that the leaves aren't changing colors, they are confused!

This morning's news was that they had snow in Fargo, ND. They can keep it! One weather stations says we will have a cold, wet winter, another predicts a warmer than usual winter. I guess we'll have to hang around to see who's prediction is right. I do know most "snow birds", our neighbors included, are not hanging around too long to see if it is a warmer winter. One couple left last Monday, some are leaving in November already!

I think the thing I hate the most lately, is the darkness in the mornings. I guess after Daylight Savings time ends, that will improve. We have DST later in the fall this year.

Now that it's going to probably be cool around here from now on, I am hoping that southesastern PA keeps their warm weather through the first week of November, so that I will be able to experience some warmth when I'm there, after the cold weather here. Well, my lunch period is about over, so I'd better get back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>