Monday, October 01, 2007

Autumn is Here

Oct. 2nd - Note: I wrote this last night and thought that I published it, and see tonight that I didn't...it was to be posted before the one below titled "Housewarming". By the way, I managed to wake up before 4 this morning, the trip down and back to St. Paul went well, it rained the whole way home. Boy, am I tired tonight!

October 1st. Can you believe October is here already? I can't, except when I look outside, then I can. The leaves are beautiful, the air is crisp and the mornings are great!


We had another beautiful weekend, although we did get rain both Sat. and yesterday, but the days were still lovely. I love the smell of fall in the air. I love the smell in the mornings after it had rained the night before. All the leaves falling all over our yard. The leaves were beautiful in Woodland last week. The peak was probably this past weekend, as with the rain, they are starting to fall pretty fast. I didn't make it up the Northshore yet, and by next weekend, the leaves may all be down. I heard today that this was the rainest September in 4 years, and this is helping with our 6 year drought, and that the rain even brought up the level of Lake Superior a bit. That's good.


Fall also brings football season. Yesterday was the big rival game between the Vikings and the Packers. Our son and his girlfriend invited us up to their brand new home (see my post about it... with my thoughts on them building a home, I have kept mum on my blog for 9 months, because I thought I should, but can no longer be quiet...I had to write about it). I don't enjoy football much, but do like to cheer for the Vikings when they are playing the Packers.


We had a nice time, they had her parents, and three other couples over to watch the game on their very large TV Screen that is almost a big as the living room wall. The guys were all in "heaven". Us girls sat in the kitchen area and chatted, just checking on the score periodically. Sarah fed us well during half time. It was a good way to spend a rainy afternoon.


I must quit writing soon and get to bed early tonight. I am to meet one of my co/workers downtown at 5:15 tomorrow morning, for a drive to the cities for a training session for work. Oh my, I'm not looking forward to getting up at 4 am. It might be a bit easier, especially if I go to sleep early, because I have been getting up between 5 and 5:30 am for about 3 weeks now....we'll see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>