Thursday, April 19, 2007

In Season

Check out Heidi’s.

Did you hear that Bob and I are going to Florida for a vacation? We will be visiting friends that winter down there. We are looking forward to the sun, the warmer temps, no snow and visiting with our friends. Bob is especially looking forward to GOLFING with Bill every day! I'm sure us girls will find "something" to do while they golf, ha ha.

The time is getting short for me to find a swimming suit to take along to Florida. I was really desperate this week and went shopping last evening. No success! But, I did find some other hot weather bargains, and was delighted that the capri pants I bought could be bought two size smaller than I would have purchased a year ago. Yeah!

If you remember, last fall on September 24th I posted about looking for a swimming suit. “Out of Season” (click on the archives for September). To quote my post: “There were no swimming suits to be found anywhere….I guess I should have known, why would there be swimming suits in the fall in Duluth? I should have been looking last month, or earlier this month. I guess I will have to look in a catalog, but hate to buy through the mail, in case it doesn’t fit and I hate returning things!” Since then, off and on and most diligently the last few months, I have been looking, looking, looking for a decent suit that I'm not embarrassed to be seen in! The stores do have them out now, however, I haven’t been able to find one that looks good on a heavier set woman. Why do the companies make suits out of large floral, or polka dots, or other such dumb looking material, why can’t I find any that are SOLID colors? The black ones I find, are made so weird, that they don’t fit correctly anyone beyond a size 10! I’ve been frustrated.

Today, my co/worker who is our Patient Service person and works with the local Mastocomy shop here in town, told me to look there (Heidi’s). I would never have thought to look there. I walked in and found not only a large selection of many kinds of suits, but a good selection of “solid color” suits! Also, even better, a large rack of suits on sale for $25, and they were good, well made suits too, the kind made with the material that’s very good for chlorine pools! I was so delighted. I bought a solid color one, with a white v neck trim. That one was regular priced. (but reasonable). I also found a solid black with two colors of trim on the top on the $25 sale rack. Now, these are flattering suits, the kind meant for women above size 2 or 6! I came home with both of them. I was so happy to find them. Now, I’m set for clothing for hot weather, sandals, sun screen, sun hat, camera, swimming suit. I am ready to pack! (If’s often expensive to get ready for vacation isn’t it!?!)

AND, if YOU are in a market for a swimming suit, be sure to check out Heidi’s, at 701 N. 6th Avenue East in Duluth. It’s not just a “speciality shop”! The sales clerks there were very helpful and friendly too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>