Thursday, March 22, 2007

Spring and Recovery


Rain yesterday instead of snow, aha spring is here! In spite of all the snow that is still lying in our Woodland neighborhood, I am encouraged that yesterday’s precipitation was rain not snow. It didn’t rain much though, we need a downpour of rain to get rid of this snow. Since I am to walk everyday during my recuperation period, I was almost wishing my recovery would have been in the month of April rather than March, so that it would be more fun to walk outside. I’m finding more places to get my walk in, because walking outside is so dreary, especially on the sunless days. Note: Our neighborhood has deeper snow and more snow that this photo shows (this is downtown). I like this photo of the Lift Bridge, taken in Canal Park. I took it after that first snow fall we had in February, before the "big storm".

I am feeling so much better these last few days. I even awoke at 6 am this morning and felt good enough to get out of bed, a first for me to wake up this early since March 9th’s experience. Tomorrow it will be two weeks. In some ways I can’t believe it’s been two weeks.

Last evening is the first that I ate “soft food” that was actually our supper. What a great feeling to eat the same thing that the guys were eating, it tasted so good! I ate very slowly and made sure that I chewed everything very well! I also drink a lot of water when I eat. I’m just so scared of eating the wrong thing or too much, or too fast, I don’t want to have any problems. So, I’m being very, very careful when eating. It went down fine and it stayed down, alleluia! I prayed that I wouldn’t have any problems later in the night, and I didn’t.

One thing I haven’t mentioned, ever since the last snow storm, my husband has been in misery with his back. He has been doctoring for it, and has trouble sleeping the last few nights in bed, so he was sleeping in his chair. Last night I suggested he sleep in my lazy boy chair instead of his because I’m afraid his is too soft, and aggravating his problem. So, last night he slept in my chair and he had a good night’s sleep and his back didn’t seem as bad this morning. I sure do hope he is on the mend with this back problem, because he’s been very grumpy. Men can’t take being miserable and in pain, as well as women. Men complain when they don’t feel good, women tend to be more silent. I know my women readers will agree with me.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lois said...

Sorry to hear about Bob's back problem. Jeff must be an "oddball". I think he has had pain for so many years that it is his usual state. I really don't know how he manages to do all the things he does -- he must have a very strong will. At times I think he would be more sociable if he felt better but that is his way of coping. I can tell when it gets worse by the way contorts himself on the sofa or on the floor. This chronic stuff is difficult to treat especially when the patient feels that the MD is doubting him. Ugh!

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>