Sunday, February 25, 2007

"My Fair Lady"


I noticed that the Academy Award Winning movie “My Fair Lady” was on Turner Classic Movies station and I taped it to watch this afternoon. I haven’t seen this movie for many years. It brings back a lot of memories, because you see, I watched this movie, along with my high school class, on the big screen theater in the city of New York. Our class went there for our senior trip to the N Y World’s Fair and that evening we saw the movie. It was a big deal for us to see a movie there, especially this movie.

The bus dropped us off in front of the theater, it’s the only time I’ve seen the city, and with us going by bus, can’t say we really saw much of it. Sometime I would like to go to New York and see the sights. I especially want to go to the Statue of Liberty and to Ellis Island. Bob’s Grandparents came through Ellis Island, how exciting if I could find their names. I want to see Central Park and maybe one of the TV shows (there was an article in this morning’s newspaper about them). Maybe, maybe some day, but, at least, I’ve seen a classic in the city’s theater, and I was at the NY World’s Fair (twice!). The only World’s Fair I will probably ever see.

I just looked at my e mail and discovered an e message saying that church services were canceled for this morning, not a surprise.

Now I need to get back to cooking. I’m making a big farm breakfast for the two guys in my life who are outside working hard on clearing the snow. The worst part is taking all the snow off the roof and our dormers. They are working hard, and they will be very hungry and tired when they come back inside. Bob is so thankful he has Rob to help him! This morning is one of the reasons he talks all the time about selling the house and moving into a town house! (I’m not ready though).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>