Friday, February 23, 2007

The White Stuff is Here!


I didn’t get up the hill tonight until 6:30, and it was snowing lightly. I stopped at the grocery store near our house, and was only in there about 20 minutes. I couldn’t believe when I came out how much snow was on the car and ground. The wind had whipped up too. Now, an hour and a half later I see that it has stopped snowing. They say it will stop a while then start up again after midnight, and snow off and on tomorrow and Sunday. Anyhow, the ground is now white and I must say it looks nice.

I worked late tonight, I had to be sure that I had everything caught up and in order to be gone from my place of employment for 3 – 4 weeks. It has been a hectic week. Today was especially stressful. I figured it would be, it's the reason I decided to take a day of vacation on Monday, so that I have a day to relax before going to the hospital. I’ve scrambled for the last two weeks, especially, to be sure that I thought of everything, since there will not be anyone filling in for me while I’m gone. I have lined up some wonderful volunteers that will come in for a few hours several times each week, to do things for the community coordinators that I help. Between my supervisor, and myself, I think that we have thought of everything. I sure do hope so. I made sure there is enough postage, paper, toner, office supplies, financial supplies, in addition to having has much done ahead as possible for the girls to handle the upcoming “Daffodil Days”, that will have them all going crazy in the next two weeks. I’m sorry that I won’t be there to help them through Daffodil Days, but with 8 years of Daffodil Days under my belt, I must also admit that it will be nice to have a break this year. I just had to take this first date that the surgeon had for me, because I want to get back to normal and to feeling better, as soon as possible.

Now, starting tomorrow, (my head is still swimming with work thoughts tonight) I am going to try not to think of my job at ACS, but think of getting myself healthy. I know I’ve done everything possible to leave the office in good shape, so now I have to put work out of my mind.
It won't be easy, but I will try. After Tuesday, it will be easier. I had planned to work through Monday, but decided a few days ago that maybe it would be good to have Monday off. After the hectic day today, I'm sure glad I made that decision (thank you friends for suggesting that I do that).

I'll catch up on house work and home things this weekend, no place I have to go, it will be nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>