Wednesday, June 28, 2006

"Superman Returns" Review

My verdict is in. Tonight is the first time I have ever gone to a movie on the first day of its release. My son and I went to see "Superman Returns". It was very good. We both enjoyed it. It had lots of adventure, drama, and I will say Superman was kept quite busy! I wasn’t sure if I would take to the actor who played him. He was no George Reeves, although he has a cleft chin like George. The new actor was better looking on the screen than he is in photos. He reminded me very much of Christopher Reeves, and I had gotten used to Christopher, so that was fine. The movie was dedicated to Christopher and Dana Reeves, which was touching. I read that they planned to have Christopher do a cameo, but he passed away before he could do so. Speaking of cameos, I'm curious to know if the original actor who played Jimmy Olson had a cameo, it sure looked like an older Jimmy.

Kevin Spacey was great as Lex Luther, and reminded us so much of Gene Hackman! The actress playing Lois Lane, probably the cutest Lois Lane we’ve had, coming very close to the original.

One burning question every time Clark Kent turned into Superman, and one I’m sure I’m not alone in asking: What does he do with his clothes and glasses?

Rob said I shouldn’t write like I’m trying to “sell” the movie. So I will just tell you that we both thought it was a well made movie and we enjoyed it -- that from a baby boomer who liked the original Superman, and a guy who grew up with the 70 and 80's Superman. If you see it, I don’t think you will be disappointed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I'm still sad about Christopher, but I do want to see it!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>