Friday, June 23, 2006

Reasons

-- Friend’s husband just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer – stage 4, untreatable
-- Neighbor and friend battling cancer for a long time, back in the hospital
-- Dear friend, last stages of her cancer
-- Dear friend of a dear friend, last stages of his cancer
-- Former ACS volunteer and friend, recent diagnosis of stage four cancer
-- Two loved ones awaiting the news of a breast biopsy
-- Dear friend, finished last chemo treatment yesterday for breast cancer, needs to
face radiation treatment yet
-- friends who lost their lovely 4 year old daughter to leukemia
-- The loss of a brother from cancer, too young to die
-- the pain of watching those you love and care about, suffer from cancer
-- So, so many friends who are survivors of Breast Cancer, living with the
knowledge that it could return somewhere else in their body
These are the reasons:
-- I walk at The American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life Event
-- I raise money for cancer research and programs
-- I financially support Relay teams that raise money for cancer
researchm programs for those battling this disease, programs for early
detection and awareness
-- I give through the Memorial program of ACS
-- I urge my friends and family to get their cancer screenings
-- I work for The American Cancer Society

These are the reasons why I awoke early this morning, unable to sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

This is a lovely post, Linda.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>