Monday, August 17, 2009

Stimulating the Economy

Saturday a week ago, we were "consumers", we stimulated the economy!

One reason I haven't written since July 20th was because our computer's anti virus told us that it could no longer update because it would not support any program older than Windows XP. Well, our son has told us for years we needed a new computer. Ours was purchased in 2000, and we had Windows ME, which we've been told lately was not a good operating system. I didn't believe our son, until I purchased a scanner in Feb. to use for organizing photos and to scan old photos. Well, it wouldn't work on my computer. A point our son was sure to point out again, about us needing a more up to date computer. But, I didn't make a move until the virus updating wouldn't work. I was paranoid to go online, they've made us so afraid of viruses, and didn't look forward to it crashing.

Needless to say, I missed being online. Last week I took two vacation days off, Thursday and Friday. Thursday evening hubby and I went out for dinner. After dinner I suggested we stop at Best Buy and look at a computer that our grandson helped me pick out one weekend when he was here. Had trouble convincing hubby at that time, to make a purchase. But when HE
couldn't go online, he was then convinced!

So, we did computer shopping and Saturday evening we went back over the hill again and made our purchase. We helped to stimulate the economy! The only problem I'm having with the new one is getting used to the feel of the new keyboard, so different than the old, it sure slows up my typing. But I am really enjoying the extras that this new one has, over our old one. It's great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>